Some questions answered….
Grief is a powerful emotion, and when you lose a loved one it can be a harrowing experience. There can be a great deal of work involved in sorting out the affairs of the deceased, and all this comes at a time of great loss. Just Wills & Legal Services has a team of experienced probate executives and support staff to guide you through the maze of red tape in a caring, professional and efficient way.
I don’t know what to do?
- Don’t worry, if the deceased left a Will, there will usually be one or more executors appointed to handle the affairs of the estate.
- If there is no Will (intestacy), or if you are not sure if there is a Will, you should seek legal advice. The law sets out who is entitled to deal with the estate, and also the rules about how the estate is distributed. In either case, Just Wills & Legal Services can guide and advise you. We make an information pack freely available detailing the duties of executors and trustees.
Why do I have to go to all the trouble of applying for Probate?
- You may have no choice in the matter. Certain institutions such as banks, building societies and insurance companies may not allow property held in the sole name of the deceased to be transferred or sold without Probate. If there is an interest in a house to deal with, Probate is usually required for this.
How can Just Wills & Legal Services help?
Just Wills & Legal Services can take the weight off your mind and handle the entire process should you wish. Things that need to be done include:
- Apply for Probate (or letters of Administration where there is no Will)
- Collect in and transfers all the assets of the estate and pay debts
- Produce detailed accounts
- Distribute legacies
- Prepare all relevant documents
- Assess any tax liabilities (death duties) and complete Inland Revenue paperwork
Just Wills & Legal Services has over 100 years collective experience and has the legal know how to deal with the estate in the most tax-efficient way, keeping your costs to a minimum. On many occasions we have helped families save well over £100,000 in tax.
If you would like further details or would like to arrange an appointment please Contact Us